The Top Line: I am really fond of this place and their salad bar. It’s a great option for lunch if you’re working in the city. It’s healthy, delicious, quick, fresh, uber filling… and that is how I justify the price! It’s not like eating salad at all .. if you pick the right ones! There is always a line here and the salads will begin to disappear after 2pm.
The Review: I always go for the regular size with three choices, because the size just seems right and the amount of things I have to choose allows me to have variety, but not overcrowd my head with so many things.
- Chicken Pesto Penne – Great penne, wish I had more!! It’s clean, light and simple.
- Tuscan Vegetarian Pasta – Even better than the chicken penne!! The eggplant in this is WOW. And I love the addition of feta, which adds to the flavour.
- Pumpkin Cous Cous – Super nice pumpkin and light but filling cous cous.
- Lentil – Lentils cooked slightly so they’re still quite hard, mixed with rice and sundried tomatos, not my favourite as it was a bit boring
- Pesto Barley – I like this texture more than the lentils but it was still quite boring. It was just flavoured barley – enough said.
- Chicken Avocado – Yum yum, the chicken in this is so succulent and there are nice traditional salad ingredients in there! Try it with the lemon and olive oil dressing which is incredibly tasty.
- Soul Origin Beef – Should be their centre piece, but the beef in some parts were so hard to chew!! This is a salad with a sweeter dressing so if that’s not your thing, then i’d stay away.
All in all, I was totally obsessed with Soul Origin, but now that I’ve sampled most of their salads, I think it’s time to move on… to the Sandwiches. HAHA.